zondag 3 oktober 2010

One of the so many meditation-techniques of Unity

In Unity -a christian religious movement- we talk of the 12 divine powers in man, powers which are to be activated consciously by meditation/ scientific prayer. In Unity we consider that the 12 apostles represent these 12 powers.
Here beneath is one of the meditation-exercises for beginners in meditation.

Begin your meditation by sitting quietly and focusing on your breath. Allow yourself to become more relaxed with each breath.

Then focus your attention on the crown of the head (which represents the Christ center, in Yoga this light is the Light of the silver cord, the sutratma) and think a thought similar to this: The Christ consciousness is quickened in me! FEEL IT!

Next, move your center of attention to your forehead (in yoga this is the ayna chacra), which represents the conscious level of mind. Realize that you are consciously aware of the Christ consciousness being quickened in you. Say or think:I AM aware that the Christ consciousness is quickened in me. FEEL IT!!

Now move your center of attention to the solar plexus, to our upper abdomen, your center (in yoga this is the manipura chacra). This represents the subsconscious level of mind. Know that the Christ consciousness is being quickened in you at the deepest level of your being by affirming:I AM grateful that the Christ consciousness is being quickened in me. FEEL IT!

Now let your center of attention travel up to the middle of the head, the FAITH center, directly behind your third eye and affirm :The Christ in me calls forth Peter, my disciple-faculty of Faith.According to my FAITH be it done unto me.According to my FAITH be it done unto me. According to my FAITH be it done unto me. FEEL IT!!

Conclude your meditation by feeling energy of gratitude radiates out of your body-temple and before opening your eyes say::I AM Grateful! men.

Open your eyes gently and slowly.

Geen opmerkingen: